Looking for a tutorial on using the media API to play video?

Questions and information about Crank Software's Storyboard Designer

Moderator: jamiev

Re: Looking for a tutorial on using the media API to play vi

Postby atinir » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 am

Hi Rodney and Ray,

I also am trying to run the sample video, but I cannot load the video, there are some errors like in the picture attached.
Also I have another question, is it possible to overlay an image control or any kind of control over the video?

Thank you :)

All the best,
Atinir
Attachments
screenshot.jpeg
screenshot.jpeg (136.93 KiB) Viewed 8147 times
atinir

Postby atinir » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:08 am

Hi again,
The errors were because I didn't install the right plugin.
Now I don't have any kind of error, but the video is not playing in Crank. What might be the problem?

Thank you again

All the best :)
atinir

Postby rdowdall » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:23 am

Hello

Did you make any changes to the sample app in Designer? Can you send the application?

Thanks,
Rodney
rdowdall

Postby atinir » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:17 am

Hello Rodney,

No I didn't change the application at all. Also I am able to communicate with the gstream backend application. As you can see in the image, the event gre.media.new.video is sent, but I don't see any video image.
Also do you know If I can overlay an image control or any kind of control over the video image?

Thank you!

All the best,
Atinir
Attachments
snapshot2.jpeg
snapshot2.jpeg (30.53 KiB) Viewed 8137 times
atinir

Postby rdowdall » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:09 pm

atinir wrote:Hello Rodney,

No I didn't change the application at all. Also I am able to communicate with the gstream backend application. As you can see in the image, the event gre.media.new.video is sent, but I don't see any video image.
Also do you know If I can overlay an image control or any kind of control over the video image?

Thank you!

All the best,
Atinir

Hello Atinir

Can you send the complete logs from the gstreamer-backend and the storyboard engine? You can redirect the output to a file using "> gstreamer-out.txt" and "> sbengine-out.txt" respectively. Also make sure that you are not running multiple copies of gstreamer-backend and that you are slaying them off before trying to play video each time.

Thanks,
Rodney
rdowdall

Postby atinir » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:48 am

Hello Rodney,

You have attached the sbengine log file
RunVideo.txt
(733 Bytes) Downloaded 94 times
, while the gstreamer log file was empty.
I also attached a bash script
sbengine-out.txt
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
that I use to start both gstreamer and sbengine.
I run the script from command line, the Crank app appears then after a second is gone and get the following error.
./RunVideo: line 7: 6982 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./sbengine -vv -ogreio VideoPlayer.gapp > sbengine-out.txt.
I am using this Storyboard version 4.2.201602050429. Does the version matters?

Also it is possible to overlay a control over the video in Storyboard Designer?

Thank you!

All the best,

Atinir
atinir

Postby rdowdall » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:18 am

Hello Atinir

Do not include the 64bit library path in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. Storyboard engine and gstreamer backend are both 32 bit applications. In order to work correctly they need to only use the 32 libraries that are installed on your system.

It looks like your Storyboard engine is crashing. This is because you are missing a command line option to -ogreio and you haven't passed the gapp file to Storyboard engine correctly.

Please try the following:

Run the command:

/usr/bin32/gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file:///<the_path_to_videoplayer_storyboard_application>/VideoPlayer/video/big_buck_bunny.webm

Make sure that this command can play the video. If it can't then that means that gstreamer-backend will not be able to play it either.

Once the 32bit version of gst-launch-0.10 is able to play the video, please try the following script:

#!/bin/bash
# Script to start Video in Crank
cd /home/atinir/Crank_Software/Storyboard_Engine/4.2.201602050429/linux-x86-opengles_2.0-x11-obj/bin
export SB_PLUGINS=/home/atinir/Crank_Software/Storyboard_Engine/4.2.201602050429/linux-x86-opengles_2.0-x11-obj/plugins
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/atinir/Crank_Software/Storyboard_Engine/4.2.201602050429/linux-x86-opengles_2.0-x11-obj/lib

./gstreamer-backend -v -d3 -e -p "udpsrc port=5000 ! application/x-rtp, encoding-name=H264,payload=96 ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw-rgb,bpp=16,depth=16 ! appsink name=video-sink" > gstreamer-out.txt 2>&1 &
sleep 1
./sbengine -vv /<path_to_the_videoplayer_gapp>/VideoPlayer.gapp > sbengine-out.txt 2>&1

To answer your question, yes it is possible to draw something on top of the video using the external buffer method. However, depending on the platform you are going to run on and also depending on what you are going to draw on top of the video, there may be some performance tuning that needs to take place.

Thanks,
Rodney
rdowdall

Postby atinir » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:26 am

Halo Rodney,

Thank you so much for your help.

I tried to run the following command
/usr/bin32/gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file:///<the_path_to_videoplayer_storyboard_application>/VideoPlayer/video/big_buck_bunny.webm
but is not working, I get the following error.
(gst-plugin-scanner:11269): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Cannot load module `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so' (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
I checked for the library libhttp.so, and it is not in the directory /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules.

It seems I didn't install properly gstreamer 0.10 32 bit. Do you have some tutorial how to install gstreamer 32 bit for Linux 64 bit? Sorry for this question, but I am not very experienced with gstreamer.

Thank you so much.

Atinir,
atinir

Postby stubbornthings » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:10 am

I used the following command to install gstreamer on Ubuntu 14.04.

sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-good:i386

It allowed me to play the big_buck_bunny video using gst-launch-0.10.

I can't open the video in an app yet but I'm getting closer. Hope this helps.
stubbornthings

Previous

Return to Storyboard Designer