About the car instrument pointer arithmetic

Questions and information about Crank Software's Storyboard Designer

Moderator: jamiev

About the car instrument pointer arithmetic

Postby zero147 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 pm

hello,

I'm making automobile instrument display with Storyboard and Encounter some problems.
The UI interface of the speedometer and tachometer pointer value is by external periodic(40ms) send to come over.The speedometer and tachometer follows the rotation of the damped vibration mode.
I know how to through the Storyboard rotating images, but the Storyboard now offers the animation types(linear,easein,easeout,easeinout,bounce) can not meet the requirement of the my turn.Easeinout way start slowly.
Because the communication cycle is 40 ms, so when I rotate images is likely to receive the new objective value,At this time, should guarantee the rotational speed to continue movement.
I think that in the Storyboard to implement this is very difficult.Please help me to solve this problem.

thinks.
zero147

Re: About the car instrument pointer arithmetic

Postby nschultz » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Hello zero147,

Would you be able to answer a few questions for me? What hardware are you running? Every time you receive an update event how are you setting up your animation? Is the animation duration a fixed value or do you change it depending on the data in your update? Could you clarify the behaviour that is currently happening and what you are expecting to see.

Thank you

Nik
nschultz

Return to Storyboard Designer