Storyboard IO

Questions and information about Crank Software's Storyboard Designer

Moderator: jamiev

Storyboard IO

Postby zero147 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi,

Can I get a sample about using the interface function [gr_application_send_event] defined in gre/gre.h ?
I want to send a event from a lib builded c/c++ to the a Storyboard Application(UI).

Thanks
zero147

Re: Storyboard IO

Postby JohnW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi there!

Sure thing. If you import the storyboard io sample by clicking file>import then, in under the "Storyboard Development" category, choose "Storyboard Sample" and select StoryboardIO.

From the description:
In the source_code folder you will find a README with the information needed to compile an SBIO program to interface with the application. A C compiler is required.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

John
JohnW

Postby zero147 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks for your answer.
[StoryboardIO] is a sample that send the event form the external application to to the a Storyboard Application(UI).
It is not my care.
I want to make a event by c/c++(maybe just a library required by lua) and send this event to Storyboard Application(UI).

I can realize it by the interface function [gr_application_send_event] defined in gre/gre.h?
If so, can I kown more about the function gr_application_send_event? Like as the argument description, the sample about how to use it.

Thank you!
zero147

Postby thomas » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:13 pm

If you look in the source directory of the Storyboard IO example, you will see there a C interface for creating an event, serializing it and then sending it across a communication channel (otherwise known as Storyboard IO) to the UI of your application.

This API, the Storyboard IO API, works in both memory protected and non-memory protected systems (ie Linux and FreeRTOS).

The API that you are referring to is only available if you are building your own launcher and interfacing directly to the application handle created at launch. This may be the case for systems that are using Crank's RTOS SDK and linking to the Storyboard Engine library when they are building their system image, but for most systems (MacOS, Windows, Linux, QNX, WinCE) you will not be able to use this interface.

What platform are you running as your target?

Thomas
thomas

Postby zero147 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:52 pm

My platform target is QNX.

I want to realize one thing that send a event form c/c++ without the Storyboard IO API.(The c/c++ code run in a same process with UI, not external application communication)
I can use [gre.send_event] in Lua, any c/c++ api can be used to realize it?

Thanks.
zero147

Return to Storyboard Designer