Android Export Without Extra Files

All things Storyboard for the Android platform.

Moderator: jamiev

Android Export Without Extra Files

Postby NMeyer » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:40 pm

I am currently exporting my project to an APK successfully, but the result is rather large. My project directory has a lot of extra resources and files in it that I don't want included in the android package. Is there a good (preferrably automatable) way to exclude files from the APK creation?

Also, is there a way to trigger the APK generation from the CLI like there is to export a .gapp file?
NMeyer

Re: Android Export Without Extra Files

Postby mlove » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:27 am

Hi,

Unfortunately with our current release we don't have a mechanism for the user to select which files they would like to include with the export. We currently export all the files within the project directory, with the exception of a few types that we filter out. As well, currently we don't offer a command line interface for exporting anything other than the GAPP file.

However, that will change with our next release. We are currently in the process of overhauling our export experience, this include a way for the user to select which resources they would like to include in the export package, and will also include a command line interface for running any of our application exports.

Thanks.

- Matt L
mlove

Return to Storyboard for Android