Virtual Keyboard Sample 2

Crank Storyboard Designer samples and code snippets.

Moderator: jamiev

Virtual Keyboard Sample 2

Postby jamiev » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:40 am

Hello All,

I posted another virtual keyboard sample here.

How to import the sample:

1. Unzip archive.
2. In Storyboard Designer goto File -> Import -> Storyboard Embedded Engine (GAPP)
3. Point to the gapp file from the archive you just uncompressed.
4. Give the project a name.
5. Bobs your uncle

How to use the sample:

This sample is to demonstrate touch behaviour through press events.

Thanks,

-Jamie
jamiev

Re: Virtual Keyboard Sample 2

Postby DaveC426913 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:20 pm

I tried this on my device, I could not get it to respond to touch.

I thought maybe it responded to IRL (in real life) keyboard input rather than screen touch, but that seems not to be the case. It's just dead.

I can run the kb in simulation mode in designer and the virtual keyboard does respond to touch, but not to real kb.
DaveC426913

Postby DaveC426913 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:51 pm

I've just downloaded and run the Trend app. It too does not respond, but I have another piece of info now.

It's not just keyboard inupt that's no working, the animation (sine wave) does not run. So, the app loads and then just sits there, dead.
DaveC426913

Postby jamiev » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:29 am

Hello,

This demo is setup specifically to use mouse click events. It should work with your target if it has a touch screen and the appropriate drivers. Can you tell me a little about your target system? i.e. Hardware platform and OS.

Just a couple of questions:

1) Did you copy all of the Storyboard plugins and libs to your target device?
2) Do you have the following environmental variables set on your target?

export GRE_PLUGINS=[target]/plugins
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:[target]/lib

Thanks,

-JamieV
jamiev

Postby DaveC426913 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:13 am

This demo is setup specifically to use mouse click events. It should work with your target if it has a touch screen and the appropriate drivers.

And indeed it does with the Animation Demo. I copied the sample straight from the samples directory onto my device. I've even been fiddling with the XML to change stuff. Works great.

Tried the same thing with the Transition sample, no luck.

Virtual keypad seems to require some element of importing into a new project before it can be run. This may be where I'm going awry. It might help if I understood better how the components/files work together when developing and when deploying.

Can you tell me a little about your target system? i.e. Hardware platform and OS.

Hardware: custom board, Processor - Texas Instruments-Cortex A8 OMAP3530, 130Mb RAM

1) Did you copy all of the Storyboard plugins and libs to your target device?
I copied the entire folder containing a sample (animation-example or transition-example). I did not copy anything else.

2) Do you have the following environmental variables set on your target?
export GRE_PLUGINS=[target]/plugins
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:[target]/lib

No. But I'll try that now.

This is how I currently run the apps:
Code: Select all
"/mounted volume/crank/dlls/bin/sbengine" -omodel_mgr,plugin_path="/mounted_volume/crank/Storyboard/plugins" "/mounted volume/crank/trans/transition.gapp"

"/mounted volume/crank/dlls/bin/sbengine" -omodel_mgr,plugin_path="/mounted_volume/crank/Storyboard/plugins" "/mounted volume/crank/anim/animation.gapp"
as per this post:
http://cranksoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42
(I've shortened some folder names because my device is stripped down of all but the essential Windows features, and uses a built-in virtual keyboard. Thes two things make keyboard entry awkward.)
DaveC426913

Postby DaveC426913 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 am

To be sure this isn't a simple pathing problem, I have started afresh, deleting and recopying all folders and redoing all paths to match.

Here is is is currently on my CE system:

/mounted volume
    /Crank
        /wince-armle-win32-obj
            /bin
            /include
            /lib
            /plugins
        /transition-example
            /transition.gapp

And here is the command line I am executing:
"/mounted volume/crank/wince-armle-win32-obj/bin/sbengine" -omodel_mgr,plugin_path="/mounted_volume/crank/wince-armle-win32-obj/plugins" "/mounted volume/crank/transition-example/transition.gapp"

Even after this reset, I am getting the exact same null results. (Darn, I was sure this was the problem!)
DaveC426913

Postby ChrisK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi Dave, I posted a reply in the other thread that may solve the issue: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55&start=10
ChrisK

Return to Samples