Git

Questions and information about Crank Software's Storyboard Designer

Moderator: jamiev

Git

Postby Ray » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi,

We are using Git to do version control. Shall we keep tracking the file ".xxx_settings"?
If we put this file in Staged Changes, and then have merge conflicts in this file during merge. Is there any guideline or protocol to fix the merge conflict?

Thanks
Ray

Re: Git

Postby Benjamin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:49 am

Hey

I looked into this file and it seems like these are user-specific settings. In particular, things like

Code: Select all
<item value="network_wlan_screen" key="pref.default_screen_name"/>

simply contain the name of the last screen you have added (basically for every element type, Storyboard Designer remembers the last values you entered). I think this file is not very critical. I wouldn't necessarily merge them, I would just take one version from one of the branches. Or maybe you don't have to track it at all. I'm not sure if it has to exist. It shouldn't matter too much for the final product.

Best regards,
Benjamin
Benjamin

Re: Git

Postby thomas » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:25 am

Benjamin,

You are correct in that that file contains more user centric choices and is certainly not critical to the project in that anything in that file will have defaults that will be restored. I wouldn't call it entirely user preferences however as it is more "adaptive defaults" that have been driven by a user. Where possible Storyboard tries to take advantage of the things that you are doing and follow a similar pattern. This file contains some of those hints.

Hope this helps,
Thomas
thomas

Return to Storyboard Designer